Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Back home in Prescott


 




 


I spent the last couple of days of my trip in Athens doing the tourist thing. Visited the Acropolis for sure, several more museums and took a day trip to Delphi. It's easy to say just see all of this on Channel 8, but is is rather spectacular in person. Just to bad that there are so many persons doing it at the same time. It was a long trip home with Delta leaving four hours late, the customs computer system down for an hour while we stood in line, missing my Phoenix flight and staying at JFK in New York. Delta sent us over to the Doubletree, but they refused us saying they were full. Finally settled at the International for five hours of sleep and arrived in Phoenix at 11 am on May 13th and hopped the shuttle to Prescott. All well here except for a section of lattice fence that was broken by the 70 mph winds they had in April. I wish the best for the Greeks in their current situation. I think that the government employees and unions can afford a pay cut and the Mom & Pop stores, restaurants and hotels will hunker down and hope for a good tourist season. But I still expect the country will have to restructure their foreign debt in 2-3 years. The country will certainly be in a depression and the cities will get dirtier and the infrastructure of roads, boats, and services will deteriorate. These last few days mixing it up with other tourists makes me appreciate more the way I travel. So many others just hit the hot spots and move on at the fastest possible rate. It was a good trip. Otto

No comments:

Post a Comment